We have a vision to be the church to our community – a community that needs hope, help and healing – by loving, training and empowering them to be who God says they are.
We believe the Bible is crystal clear about our purpose – to love God, love others and go to the world with the Good News. As a church we flesh this out in our mission: Experience God. Encourage Others. Engage the World.
We are a community of Christ followers committed to living out the gospel in the Mid-Willamette Valley. We are ever moving and transforming into the church that Jesus said would be the light of the world, a city on a hill that cannot be hidden.
ALC has a laid-back environment focused on people, not programs. Whoever you are and wherever you are on your journey, we invite you to come experience love.
More About What We Believe
The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. The following statement of truth is not intended to be exhaustive, but to be simply a common expression of faith:
- + We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things.
- + We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, dead, buried, resurrected; that He ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God, the Father and is true God and true man.
- + We believe the Bible, in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- + We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal joy of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- + We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- + We believe in sanctification through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit, expressed in personal holiness of heart and life.
- + We believe in divine healing, through faith in the name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the atonement.
- + We believe in water baptism by immersion as an immediate declaration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- + We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all are available to believers.
- + We believe in the soon-coming, personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- + We believe in intensive world evangelization and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission, with signs following. (Matthew 28:19)
- + We believe in the Church as the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with each born-again believer as an integral functioning member.